Friday 2 March 2012

COFFEE, MUSIC, AND APPLESAUCE

with Justine Davis
Question: Where does caffeine, a guitar, and sliced fruit come together on a regular basis? Why Columbia Bible College of course! According to Justine Davis, a first year Worship Arts student, these are three fundamental elements of the Columbia community.

Justine is an energetic, fun-loving person who is guaranteed to leave a smile on your face. When she's not busy studying for Uncle Ken's Old Testament Survey midterm, she can be found making beautiful music (a singer/songwriter in her own right) or posting ridiculous videos on YouTube describing proper procrastination methods (sorry Ken!) or tips for a good love life. Be sure to check out Justine's channel and subscribe!

Recently we asked Justine what she loved about Columbia Bible College. The following are her "3 Absolute Favourite Things about Columbia":

1. THE COMMUTER LOUNGE. This is certainly the best place to talk about road conditions and other commuter-ish type stuff, and also to talk about God. I cannot even begin to count how many meaningful conversations I’ve had in the commuter lounge between classes or at a commuter lunch. I love the atmosphere; you can walk in and instantly feel like you’re home. Definitely a great place to hang out, laugh, and make friends. And free coffee is never a bad thing.

2. MY PROGRAM. Worship Arts has taught me things that I never thought I’d learn in a music program. Now instead of just singing songs like I’ve done in the past, I’m able to analyze their theology and have a much greater understanding of what it truly means to worship. The people in my classes are hilarious and wonderful. We are definitely a Worship Arts family. I also love how it’s not solely focused on music courses because I still get to take the core Bible classes. Also, this year I started piano lessons at CBC and I couldn’t be happier with my development as a musician. Such a unique feature to the program.

3. FUN FUN FUN FUN EVENTS. That’s right, quadruple the fun. I’ve never been much of a sports fanatic, but now I can’t bear to miss a game. School spirit is through the roof! The talent show was unreal, I mean there was singing, dancing, juggling apples and knives while trying to make applesauce in the air! Where else are you going to find that? Other unique events were the Jingle Mingle, giant Dutch blitz, the student services auction, the Multicultural Potluck, and don’t forget Vespers! I can’t wait to see what Student Council is planning next. This marvelous sense of community truly puts Columbia in a field of their own.

 To learn more about Columbia Bible College visit www.columbiabc.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment