Wednesday 28 March 2012

SOLITUDE


This ridge I walk
Seeking its majesty and to stand atop
My Creator smiling as I indulge in
what he handcrafted and created
Like a father smiling as his child
opens the gift he gave him
The gifts he wishes to give me

Everything I have in this life
is a gift and what’s more is it’s free 
How could this not be something
I realized in my heart
Long ago from the beginning from the start
I couldn’t do a thing to deserve 
what you have in store for me
So all I can do is be still and wait on you 

You are the silence in the noise
And in the silence you are the voice  
To carry me home to the kingdom of heaven
The state of my heart not a place we go to in the end
I reach back as you extend your hand

Lord you are my compass, my guide, my friend.
You made me ferocious, protective and wild
Yet still you humble me like a child
You give me what I need and what it takes
The stakes are high and I accept your invitation
And now we move forward together
I give you these hands, these feet forever

To learn more about Outdoor Leadership visit www.columbiabc.edu/outdoorleadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment